- Curiosity - To learn new things, in the future, in our history, in people and relationship building, teaching methods.
- Embracing technology - Adapting and utilising new tech as it rolls out, being tech savvy and aware of what is new and finding best places to use it (or not use it) to augment our teaching, our delivery, our work flow and our lives.
- The experience to teach - building mentor relationships, being skilled in what we teach, having great communication, producing great content and resources, inspiring students - this is internal as well as external... that is we at RockStar Recipes learn as much as our students.
- Being a musician - Being active in your music community, being creative, expression through music, seeing music as a universal language.
- Being a "tight band" (or band member) - Being a "good dude", team player, serving the band not just the self, having a friendly vibe, laid back & focused, supportive of the other band members!
Viewing entries posted on
What might you do to live/work in greater alignment with your own sense of calling & experience a little more flow/amplification?
I think I am lucky in that those people who I mentioned back in an earlier post about positive energizers would also be people to help me in heading towards my calling. I also am lucky enough to have meet a few great people through the X:Media:Lab conferences that I am sure would be interested in any technical related work that I undertake and perhaps offer mentoring. I also have a great following on Facebook and Twitter that could offer feedback or perhaps even be people I help out with my ideas and technical skills.read full post
If you were to write a paragraph describing your calling doing worked you loved & making a contribution what would be in it? I would be including in this paragraph my passion for technology and the ways I can use it to help guide conversation online in the form of social networks and making interacting on the web for everyone a very easy task. I would also include building relationships with businesses and professional networks to find out common problems and barriers they find while doing business online or attempting to move to an online business model. I am hoping that my calling will allow me to find solutions to these problems. read full post
- Good at listening and understanding others.
- problem solving and learning.
- translating "geek"... that is I have always been able to communicate technical concepts clearly and concise to people that aren't very technical.
- Anything technology and computer related, programming, web development.
- I often see opportunities and uses for technology to make working easier.
- Helping others understand and make use of new technology, website, social networking.
- I have a good feel for music, i have played several instruments, DJ'd and written music.
- I have recently found a "talent" within my chosen martial art, iaido which also offers time to work on a clear mind and a greater sense of spirit.
- Completing my Diploma of Multimedia - Being creative with computers, solving problems, working with clients and to a brief, self paced learning.
- Getting my current job at RockStar Recipes - Getting to combine computing with music, teaching others to play guitar, building an online community around learning, solving technical problems and contributing to the vision of the organisation.
- Attending the X:Media:lab Conferences - Getting to learn about the latest technology and ideas, meeting the worlds best in my industry, being able to speak on a highly technical level and being understood by others who are as technical as myself.
1. Internal Call What are you naturally good at? What talents do you have? What are the images you associate with you doing work that you love? Think of the three greatest/most significant experiences/achievements of your life. What are the images that you associate with them? If you were to do work in the future that you loved and that was totally aligned with these images what would it look like? How would it feel? 2. External Call How much attention are you paying to your life? What invitations are present in your life right now? What is the unique contribution that you can make? If you were to write a paragraph describing your calling doing worked you loved & making a contribution what would be in it?read full post