With half the year already over and my blog updates being a little irregular lately I thought I would give a bit of an update as to the goings-ons of late.
- I have just been through exams for my study at Massey University... interesting papers this semester, Social Media Networks for Business and a Data Analysis... useful stuff!
- SilverStripe 3.0 just recently launched... looking forward to using it in some upcoming web projects... I popped into the 24 hour "hackathon" over the weekend... code got written...some people built a fort, good times! What other open-source CMS platform live streams the entire 24 hours across multiple cameras and different timezones? Another reason why the SilverStripe Community is a surefire killer app for the CMS.
- Launched stackit.co.nz for a client... they sell some of the best quility industiral and commerical shelving solutions around... the project was a collaboration between myself, David Craig and Simon Waterhouse. Everyone got to work in their expertise areas making the build enjoyable and the end result speaks for itself. The website is running as per usual, SilverStripe CMS!
- Another SilverStripe CMS job completed recent is cornerstoneconsulting.co.nz, a web presence and white paper site for a new business consulting service, the consulting work remotely so required an easy way to update their website on the go (which SilverStripe CMS provides out of the box). They are also utilising an excellent SAAS IT infrastructure setup consisting of Google Apps, CapsuleCRM, Xero and MailChimp... all seamlessly integrated... truely business-in-a-box! I will do a detailed post soon which goes into more details about this setup and the great benefits they are finding.
- Branding updates to ARANZ Medical's website (yes, more SilverStripe CMS!), giving them a fresh look and moving the brand focus toward "Silhouette" their amazing 3D lazer medical measuring tool. I have also been working with them on some advanced Google Analytics setup and measurement, again I hope to case study some of the work shortly... Web Analytics is the bees-knees and a must if you are utilising your website as a main sales tool for your business.
- Plus many other bits and pieces of consulting and development work.... such is the freelance consultant life!