Check out Pranav Mistry at TED demonstrating his Sixth Sense personal augmented reality device! A paper computer, taking photos with your gestures, a phone call on your hand?... wow pretty amazing ideas.read full post
Viewing entries tagged with 'entrepreneurship'
0 Comments 23 October 2009 Posted in Communities, Entrepreneurship, Technology, Thinking, Thought Leaders, Videos, Websites
Just a quick update, lecture for my uni paper have finished up for the year... I'm currently on some study leave to prep for the exam... wish me luck. So whats next for the blog? Well I have planned a series of posts with some great info on how to become more independent from your computer and make use of some of the great cloud computing tools available out there. Also before I forget a big shout out to Simon Waterhouse a great photographer and designer here in Christchurch for his help on the photos and design of my personal development plan(PDP) assessment. Be sure to check out his great photography here www.simonwaterhouse.com Another shout out to the great guys at Silverstripe CMS... i used this to power my PDP website... once I had the design I was able to integrate and drop in the content in just under 4 hours work! A killer speedy content management system for anyone looking to jazz up their website. My final big thank you goes out to Juliette Powell, Author of "33 Million People in the Room" who sent me a signed copy of her book... made my day! A great read if you are interested in social media, co-creation, and where things are headed online. I was lucky enough to meet her at a conference this year and really enjoy her contributions online through twitter and facebook. On the leadership tip, I will leave you with some words of wisdom from the women herself, Juliette Powell, enjoy.... read full post
We had (at work) a great core values session with Kendall Langston from the Results Group yesterday to really nail down just what it is that we believe in and want to ingrain in everything we do at RockStar Recipes. This is what we came up with...
- Curiosity - To learn new things, in the future, in our history, in people and relationship building, teaching methods.
- Embracing technology - Adapting and utilising new tech as it rolls out, being tech savvy and aware of what is new and finding best places to use it (or not use it) to augment our teaching, our delivery, our work flow and our lives.
- The experience to teach - building mentor relationships, being skilled in what we teach, having great communication, producing great content and resources, inspiring students - this is internal as well as external... that is we at RockStar Recipes learn as much as our students.
- Being a musician - Being active in your music community, being creative, expression through music, seeing music as a universal language.
- Being a "tight band" (or band member) - Being a "good dude", team player, serving the band not just the self, having a friendly vibe, laid back & focused, supportive of the other band members!
I came across this great article and video through a friend of mine on friendfeed.com and just had to post it up on my blog. I think any budding entrepreneur or online community should be able to take something from this as it just shows that we have resources greater than we can even imagine just waiting for us to tap into them! I would love some comments and feedback about what you think of the video and article. What do you think you would do with the $5?... Enjoy. read full post